Xede uses an Agile methodology and as such our developers must be comfortable working in a team centric environment as well as be familiar with other characteristics of Agile programming:
- Unit testing, developing from (use) cases, etc. In addition, the individual may be responsible for assisting in detailing specifications for those applications and otherwise documenting them.
- To ensure they are built properly in the first place, and then are easier to maintain thereafter.
The individual may use a variety of computer programming languages and applications to develop software requested, and although most of the time the individual would work in teams with other professionals, often collaboratively with customers, and sometimes the individual will work alone.
- Designing, writing and unit testing new software programs in the Force.com platform; including working with the Salesforce developer toolkit; handling Web services API integrations; creating custom objects, triggers and workflows.
- Testing software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects, including functional, system application, regression and performance testing.
- Re-factoring and redeveloping existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Maintaining systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Maintaining awareness of and practical skills in emerging technologies.
- Assisting in creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Working closely with Xede team members.
- Consulting with clients/colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Implementing new software into a production environment via our agreed upon change control processes.
- Effective use of Version Control software and adherence to company processing regarding capturing and controlling software code changes.
- Adhere to, and be an ambassador for Xede’s strategy, project management and change management methodology.
The typical projects and tasks include but are not limited to: Web based applications – either consumer or business centric, in an ‘n-tier’ architecture. These applications would be used to display data, add/edit or delete data, generate reports, trigger complex business workflows (with notifications, etc.) and the like. Other types of applications that perform other business functions vital to the operations of the company could also be added in the future.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience and have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience. Additionally, the candidate must display an ongoing knowledge in the latest software application development tools, techniques and technologies to maintain the company’s cutting edge position in the utilization of IT resources.
- Minimum of 3 years working in Information Technology consisting of Salesforce.com centric development.
- Experience with Apex classes, controllers and triggers, Visualforce, Force.com (IDE, Migration tool and Web services).
- Previous experience must include developing applications from requirements to system testing and deployment – including application design and development (which includes unit testing).
- Rock-solid Apex and Visualforce programming skills.
- Knowledge of various software applications used in development and an awareness of current issues in software development, enthusiasm and knowledge of project lifecycles are all useful.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, attention to detail and a logical mindset.
- Must possess a proactive and service oriented approach to solving team members’ programming related problems.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Intangible skills for success at Xede:
- A commitment to service excellence.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Be interesting, and interested.